Calvary Chapel Waynesville began in 2008 as Bill Rogers obeyed the call of the Lord, leaving Saint Pete Florida to begin a bible study in the mountains of Western North Carolina. The first public meeting place was in a little country wedding chapel in Maggie Valley.
From there the group met at a local Italian restaurant, an exercise gym and a former auto stereo installation shop. CCW was filled and fit and sounding great! For 5 years CCW met in downtown Waynesville at 41 Depot St. and now meets in Room 1902 at 1902 So. Main St.
In December of 2010 Jim Dean accepted the call to pastor the church. Jim and his wife Betty were from Tallahassee Florida and had been vacationing in Waynesville. They quickly developed a heart for the people and the vacation trips turned into 6 years of faithful and fruitful service to the Lord.
In December of 2016 Carl Peetz was handed the baton to continue the ministry of simply teaching the Word of God. Carl, his wife Lorene and four children most recently resided in Tupelo Mississippi – the birthplace of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock & Roll. Now they are excited to be a part of serving the King of Kings in WNC!
As throughout it’s history, CCW is known for being a gathering of believers who love Jesus and seek to grow in His Word. As long as the bible is simply and faithfully taught the congregation is happy to call Calvary Chapel home.
Calvary Chapel Waynesville is affiliated with the Calvary Chapel Association.